Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What I want from a critique

During a critique, I would like to hear what the initial reaction to the piece was. I would then like to hear about the formal aspects of the piece and how they add or detract from the meaning or aesthetic attributes. I would like to hear questions on how I did things within the piece or how I achieved a certain look. One thing I don't like, but I know is necessary is how I could make something better or how that person would have done something. I liked the critique we did last week, although it did fail a bit, we were instructed to talk about what we saw, not what we wanted or would do. I thought is was difficult, but it was nice to write and discuss what was there, not that was possible or could have been done.

-Aaron Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment