Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dream Critique

I always feel like such an amateur when it comes to critiques (and art - what is good, what is bad, etc), because even though I have my own opinions when it comes to aesthetics, there's always the occasional piece I find that I adore and all others seem to hate. So, I guess when it comes to critique, they are most helpful for me when the viewer is honest and gets real with my piece. My skin isn't so thin that I'll be hurt at criticism. I welcome it, but I also wish for the viewer to explain why it doesn't work for them. It gives me a deeper understanding of personal preference and how they view art - what art in general means to them. Most importantly, I would love for the viewer to initially voice what the piece communicates to them, so that I can decide whether what I was trying to communicate was successful or not. It makes things easier for me so that next time I can be more precise with what I make.

Hannah Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment