Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Alec Parker

So, I'm not too keen on the rules of posting or anything...so I'm not entirely sure if we should just post "professional" artists or not. But I'll risk it anyway.

Alec Parker is a fellow artist and good pal o' mine who moved away some time ago. Before that, we would hang out and I'd watch him make all these really weird drawings, a good amount of which featured mouthless characters with giant holes for eyes. Groovy.

I recently found a MySpace page of his that features a good deal of his art, mostly new ones that I hadn't seen yet. And Alec was always a terribly busy artist. I don't think him not drawing, to be honest. I guess that really pays off, though.

He usually makes his art on wood or cardboard, or other 'found' materials. I always admired that, considering I just use paper, and I don't have the knack (or skill) to go further into it. His stuff always has a pretty hilarious morbidity to it, and that's what really does it for me.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=400361677&albumID=334852&imageID=22708420

So I'll just start you off with a picture of a demented Pac-Man. That's pretty much what I always imagined him to be.

-Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment