Sunday, March 21, 2010

Behind - Emily Ritter

I'm finding it harder and harder to post on here. 1. To actually do it, and 2. what to write about. One thing I think is interesting and slightly irritating is that not a lot of people know what printmaking is. They know what screen printing is because of screen printing shirts, but a majority of people I have spoken to have no idea what I am talking about when I tell them my major is Studio Arts with an emphasis in Printmaking. I think when a lot of people hear the word "print" they automatically think reproduction, laser printers, and what not. How museums reproduce works of art. Apparently, print means not original. Grinds my gears, but it gives me a chance to teach them something new, which is good.

Now that my rant is over, here is an artist to check out. http://kuksi.com/artworks/

No comments:

Post a Comment