Friday, March 12, 2010

Art Magazines-Katie Brown

I just picked up a copy of Digital Artist today and found it to be very interesting. it covers pieces done in illustrator, artrage3, photoshop and corel painter but the reason i picked it over other art magazines was the free dvd. And the 25 free fonts! I am a bit of a font junky myself...and finding interesting free fonts online has become increasingly difficult as people realize the monetary value of freelance typography.

Anyway, I'm excited to experiment with these new fonts and read up on some new art techniques and tips on composition, large scale images and creating custom brushes.

Art magazines are a great resource and I'd go to Barnes and Noble newsstand and flip through one to see which is the best for your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment