Thursday, March 11, 2010

I looked atsome work by Jeorge Santos online. It was cool, I usually don't care for super realistic art but the stuff I checked out by Santos was interesting & appealing to me. I liked his nude figures. The colors & the realism of the flesh is great. A lot of the pieces I looked at reminded me of looking through a photo album. Other pieces were totally bizarre depicting dream-like situations which is an interesting contrast to the very realistic way the image is painted. The way Santos paints water is awesome. I like "Rivers Edge", the circles of water comming out from the girl in the tube look really real like I can imagine exactly how the water would feel just by looking at the painting. I also personally dig the dog portraits "The Sultan of Straylandia" & "Queen Shedog". They don't seem to want to make me think too much & sometimes I appreciate that in art; I don't always want to have to figure something out. Just laughing or smiling when I look at a piece of art is a worthwhile experience.
Brenna Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment