Friday, March 5, 2010

Speaker

While listening yestreday to Kerry's speech, he said something that made me think. When I sit in Art History class, I tend to get so annoyed as the teacher is making up (what it seems to me since we have no definate documentation) of why these people from so long ago did art the way they did. I always think, what if this wasnt intended to be art? Maybe this is just an amature artist's peice, and your relying on this peice of work to describe a whole era? etc. But no matter what the peice of art were studying/looking at, Kerry's comment had an impact. He said something along the lines that everyone who has decided to be an artist, has decided so due to art they have previoulsy looked at, and the artist of the art that inspired them, were inspired but older art, and so on. So it made me think how the anciet pots and ugly art to me, really has had an impact one me and everyone else.

Brooke Gluszek

No comments:

Post a Comment