Sunday, March 7, 2010

Daim

I heart graffiti. I don't recall when exactly I got into it. I think perhaps I've always been fond of it (considering I grew up around a...uh, well, actually, I grew up across the street from WSU...so, nevermind), and I remember fondly staring at train cars, adoring the art splattered across them from rebellious young artists.

One of my favorite graffiti artists is one that I actually discovered just a year or two ago, by the name of Daim. His stuff, I think, completely separates itself from any kind of 'typical' graffiti, and enters into its own level of art. His art seems as if it is sculpted out of the walls. So, I guess one could say he 'sculpts with spraypaint'. Which sounds just a tad bit ridiculous. The realism he manages to give his pieces is staggering to me sometimes. Maybe I'm just overly amazed.

He's able to transform his letters and words into something a little more...enigmatic, I suppose. Perhaps his work speaks for itself, since I'm not doing so great with words at the moment.

http://www.daimgallery.com/

So check it out! RIGHT NOW.

-Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment