Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting late, getting late...

I meant to do my post on Wed...that turned into Thur....and now...Oh, well...better late than never. The reason I was going to write my post on Wednesday was because I spent 14 hours straight working on my print and during my 5th print I messed up too bad to just ignore it; meaning I got no usable print out of my 14 hours of work. Now if I said I wasn't disappointed I would be lying, but I don't really see it as a total loss, although I was bloody tired when I got home, I believe in the end I learned a lot about the printing process. I still enjoy the screen printing process and although at times it can seem like your going nowhere fast I much rather like the journey...I mean let's face it the art I'm making isn't going to drop jaws and I don't really expect it to. I know my limitations and am more interested in learning techniques and processes; great art can always come later. The biggest breakthrough I've had was to finally realize what medium and processes I'd like to use to create my future art. This may not sound like a big deal, but I've spend the last 2 and a half years contemplating what I want to use to create my works. Now that I have finally boiled it down I can now focus on mastering those processes as well as exploring just what I want my art to do and say. This, however, may be a life long exploration; my main goal now is to start this exploration. __--Later, Jason R.--__

No comments:

Post a Comment