Friday, February 26, 2010

When we were asked in class to think of artists we didn't like for our most recent project in intro to printmaking I had such a hard time thinking of some. If at first I thought I didn't care for a piece of art I would look at it longer or look at other works by that same artist and decide that it had enough valid qualities that maybe I did like it or at least felt neutral and could not go so far as to actually say I don't like it. One artist I do dig that I had not really checked out in years is H.R. Giger. He has influenced what people think of when they imagine aliens and it's cool that what one guys imagination creates can become what thousands of people associate with what an alien would look like. I'm going to make a point to check out the Necronomican book again soon.
Brenna Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment