Monday, February 8, 2010

Digital Art-Katie Brown

I was just wondering what this class's opinion on digital art is. While I would definitely classify it as "art" I know there is a sector of the traditional art community that don't hold it in the same category.

I'm mainly curious because I've been using Corel Painter 11 for our most recent project to create perfect symmetry and appropriate some other elements into my ideas. I also love digital art, there is just something other-worldly about some of the affects that can be created with a full tool kit of airbrushes, conte, oil, watercolor, acrylics, photo effects, lighting, texture and the ability to create quickly and accurately large, beautiful works.

I find it exhilarating to be able to grab my tablet and design something good, then using free transform tools and multiple layers and manipulations make it great...or well better at least. This printmaking class is certainly pushing me to become a better artist every single day and explore new ideas and ways of creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment