Sunday, February 14, 2010

Reply to "Are video games art?"

I also do think that video games are a form of art. Sometimes I am criticized for playing games so much as many people think that it is a waste of time. But for me, when I become engaged in a game, I think of it more than a form of entertainment and think of it more like a new world of things I can not access. It becomes a fantastic adventure I can take part in.

These images often influence my art. For example, I am currently playing the Dante's Inferno game on the Xbox 360. The game was based on the epic poem. I find it a great source of ideas as the game's artists did create each character based on the mythology of each creature.

I am currently working on a set of nesting boxes in my hand building class based on the idea of circles of hell. Each box opens to a smaller box, each one dealing with an idea or part of hell as viewed form different cultures. I have included any ideas from the Dante's Inferno poem and game.

If you are interested in the game and its art, check out the website for concept art.

http://www.dantesinferno.com

-Aaron Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment