Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sketchbooks - Emily Ritter

Side note: This month my art will be up at the Vagabond in Delano. It will be up the rest of February. Go check it out!

One thing I have always enjoyed is looking at other artists sktechbooks. It is like a glimpse into their mind. I think that everyone, not just artists, should have a sketchbook. I know that I have more than I know what to do with, and always have one on me just in case of sudden inspiration. I constantly search the web for glimpses into others minds. I found this website www.bahance.net that has some pretty good artist profiles. Check it out and get inspired.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! And I agree completely, there is something very personal about a sketchbook and being allowed to see that is an exciting experience. I regularly have "Art Parties" with a few of my friends where we swap ideas, new techniques and look through each others sketchbooks, the good, the bad, and the unfinished and give feedback. I think having something like this in class every once in a while would be a good way to learn more about the talent and resources around us as a class.

    thanks for sharing emily!

    --katie b

    ReplyDelete