Saturday, February 27, 2010

Slow Go...

Ya, I spent all day yesterday working on my "stencils" for my poster project. During last class I had created the image on mylar using a black marker, but when I got home and held it up to the light I could see lots of areas where light could be seen through...not direct light, but still light. That got me worried that it might not work, so I started to try other ways of drawing on mylar. I went to HL looking for litho crayons, but couldn't find any, instead I found marker crayons, which seemed to work the best, but once you got the end dulled down it was going to be impossible to do sharp edges or corners...I could of course sharpen them, but then I'd be using up a lot of the crayon and I think I'd need a lot of them to complete the project and it just didn't seem logical. So I then tried to paint the image onto the mylar with acrylic...it seemed to work to, but again when I held it up to the light I could see too many places where light was shining through. So with half the day a wash I ended up starting to create stencils from black paper that I KNEW wouldn't let light through. So the goal now is to continue to use this technique and try to get caught back up to where I wanted to be and to show Monika the mylar drawings I did and see if she too thinks that they are letting too much light through, or it's just me. I decided for now I better be safer than sorrier. (Is that even a word?) --__Later, Jason R.__--

No comments:

Post a Comment