Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Printmaking

I've been searching the net, researching printmaking and have come across a couple things I'd like to share. First is a site that shows you how to build your own screen press and also sells a kit with everything to do so if anyone is so inclined to have their very own (www.printingplans.com).
I think a lot about my future as an artist and although it would be nice to not think about how you'll actually create works in the future without the use of school equipment; it's something I consider often. I like to look at everything from cost of equipment to space required to what the limitations of any said technique might be. (P.S. Don't look up the price of a printing press) I like to think of worst case scenario of having to create all my work from home. Although I won't choose an art path based solely on this; it's something that must be considered.
I also came across a great interview with a printmaker named Ken Kerslake (www.artschools.com/interviews/ken-kerslake/) He has a lot of insightful things to say about his career as a printmaker and the world of art. It's not very long and I think would be beneficial to everyone in one way or another; so give it a quick read.
I think what is comes down to is what you really what to be doing with your life. The moment you die and the last few second you have to look back on your life; will you be proud of your accomplishment or will your life seem like a waste of time. You've got to find what makes you happy...you're the only one that can. --__Later, Jason R.__--

No comments:

Post a Comment