Monday, February 22, 2010

Rob Zombie

Apparently Rob Zombie is also an artist, apart from being a musician and a director of terrible movies. Heh.

Or maybe it's someone else who does art for Rob Zombie. And if I'm wrong, then it's a terrible shame, and the entire economy of the world shall collapse into ruin.

Either way, I love it. There's so much inspiration from hot rod art/culture (which I adore), Americana, rock n' roll/heavy metal culture, horror movies, and comic books. All of which are things I've grown up with. Ah, my wasted childhood. I appreciate the way this art style allows your eyes to immediately grasp the detail in a drawing or a situation without having to spend an indecent amount of time studying it. Maybe that's just laziness on my part. The gross-out factor is definitely big in this style, too. Some dudes' eye popping out in a gush of green ooze is just...yummy.

http://l_e_a0.tripod.com/id41.htm

Anywho, there are some examples. EMBRACE IT.

-Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment