Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Great Job Everyone!!!

Let me start by saying the first critic was great. Everyone did an awesome job and the variety of work was intriguing.

When I was doing some independent research on an artist I was interested in I came across a site called Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/index.php). It seems to be a site directed towards people who are interested in self publishing their works. There's a section on art as well, although I don't necessarily think this would be the best site to use to sell your work (if you're interested in that). Regardless I've included it because it's an overall good site to check out that could possible be valuable to some of us in the future.

I'm always interested in ways in which you can sell art as well as getting your name out there. That's why I always keep an eye out for what looks like a decent site to display works of art and well as trying to sell them and create a following. (Although I can't say I've used any of these sites due to the fact I'm soul searching for my preferred medium) Anyway one of these sites is ArtFire (http://www.artfire.com/). It's really amazing what you can find on some of these online art sites. It's also great that you can narrow down a search to specifically what your interested in and see works created in that medium. I've done this many times to see what the possibilities for a specific medium might be.

Here is an example of an one of these many artist's prints. It's a Woodcut titled: First Frost.


The complexity of this piece is intriguing. These sites are great to explore for inspiration as well as buying art for prices college students can afford. Hope you enjoyed! --__Later, Jason R.__--

No comments:

Post a Comment