Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Topiary

I watched some of a movie called "A Man Named Pearl" which is about a man who has taught himself the art of topiary. I am not very familiar with topiary as an art form so I looked up this man, Pearl Fryar as well as topiary art from other sources. Generally I am the type of person who appreciates trees and bushes in their natural, unaltered form but I could appreciate topiary as an art. The gardens I looked at seemed dreamlike and kind of created their own reality. Looking at the images of topiary gardens reminded me of the illustrations of a Dr.Seuss book, which is fun. Some trees and bushes were made to look like an animal or some specific thing while others were just nonspecific forms, it was all pretty cool to see what a person can form shrubbery into. Now that I know a little bit more about topiary art I have gained an interest in it.
Brenna Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment