Thursday, April 22, 2010

Three Dirty Dwarves

I don't know if any of you ever owned or played a Sega Saturn, but it had a lot of great games. A good deal of pretty artistic games, too. Maybe not in that stuck-up, experimental "artistic" sense of the word, but they looked amazing and had a great style all their own.

One such I used to own was Three Dirty Dwarves. I forgot the plot, but I think it has something to do with these dwarves coming out of a board game and going on a rampage.

Anywho, check it out. The characters are so distorted that it's almost cute; you sometimes forget that they're hideously deformed. That kind of spaghettification of characters is really interesting, though. You don't need a laborous amount of detail to showcase certain qualities of someone with that style.

So here's a video. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJfTuaagsRA

(My favorite is Taconic, the one with the football helmet)

-Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment