Tuesday, April 13, 2010

At the park

Today I walked to Watson park with my three-year old daughter. We always have fun there but today a I was remembering how the yellow brick road use to be full of wooden sculptures by Gino Salerno. When I was young I use to really enjoy walking down the yellow brick road and looking at all the characters from the Wizard of OZ and I know my daughter would have thought they were so cool if they were still there for her to see. It's a shame that we can't have public art like that without people vandalizing it and ruining something for everyone. The art the city does have for the public is something I enjoy and can enjoy with my daughter I like the things that were done at Riverside Park and the Keeper of the Plains is truely awsome; it is just unfortunate that Gino Salerno's works were so often subject to being vandalized to the point that we can no longer enjoy them.
Brenna Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment