Monday, April 5, 2010

Heavy Metal Albums

I grew up listening to my older brothers' music, which usually consisted of heavy metal, rock, grunge, rap, and so forth. I really enjoyed all the heavy metal album covers because...well, just look at those damn things, man. There be all sorts of action goin' on.

A zombie charging a battlefield carrying a bloody cutlass and the U.K. flag? Does it get any better? Hellmazingly, yes it does.

http://sleevage.com/iron-maiden-discography/

So here's some Iron Maiden album covers. What I really enjoy is the playfulness and the high-energy attitude that they all seem to have, even with their morbid and horrific art. I guess that's what I love so much about heavy metal and punk. It has a kind of dark humor to it that I've always loved.

Enjoy.

-Salem

No comments:

Post a Comment