Thursday, April 1, 2010

My ideal critique

The ideal critique of my artwork would involve someone telling me what I did that worked in my piece and what may not have worked in the piece. I would be interested to know if the person critiquing my piece liked it personally and if they find it interesting. If someone likes my work I want to know what things specifically they find pleasing, if it's subject or color or whatever it is. I want to know what the person looking at my work thinks it means and compare that to what I was trying to communicate; I would want to know if they thought the piece was successful at communicating my ideas. I want the person critiquing my artwork to tell me if they found it interesting or exciting and what elements made it so. If the person critiquing my my work didn't care for it then I would want to know what it was that they didn't enjoy. I would want them to offer me ideas about how my work could be more successful and suggest different techniques that could be employed. The ideal critique of my artwork would be objective and insightful with positive intentions.
Brenna Russell Intro to Printmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment