Thursday, April 1, 2010

In the Intro to Printmaking class I'm taking we are working on collagraphs so I looked at some work by one of our reference artists, Peter Marcus. This is my first time doing a collagraph print so it is helpful to look at the work of a talented and experienced artist in that medium. In works by Peter Marcus that I viewed I noticed that most of them combined collagraph printing with some other media like digital photography. It is interesting to see a process like collagraph which seems somewhat uncontrolled and loose in combination with digital photography which is sharp and precise. I like the way the images of houses that Peter Marcus does in digital photography look like they are under the effects of some weather that the collagraph is bringing upon them. The two techniques were combined to look like they are a unified image. It was interesting and informative to watch the video on the Peter Marcus website and see how he makes his prints. The large scale of the prints was also noticeable when watching the video which made me appreciate the work more.
Brenna Russell Intro to Printmaking

No comments:

Post a Comment