Sunday, May 9, 2010

Never create anything

“Never create anything, It will be misinterpreted, it will chain you and follow you for the rest of your life.”

That is a quote taken from my favorite songwriter, Bob Dylan. To me, this quote is very depressing and dark, but at the same time, I can relate to it. For some reason, I have been running in to a lot of old friends from High School and such recently. When they see me, they always ask about my art. Or say things like, "you always were the artist", or, "you are so artsy". Don't get me wrong, it's not that I want to not be seen as an artist, its just that I think there is more to everyone than just one aspect. I think that what Dylan was saying there is that when you create something, people will tend to only expect that one great thing from you, and when you try to change, they won't let you and you will only be known for that one thing. I don't know where to go with this, but it has just been on my mind recently.

-Aaron Rivera

No comments:

Post a Comment