Sunday, May 2, 2010

Life Drawing

One type of drawing subject matter I have come to be interested in is life drawing. Life drawing contains, well....drawing people in the nude, but this is not the only reason I'm interested in life drawing. I like drawing the human anatomy or really just people in general. I especially like drawing people in a illustration style of drawing; drawing people to give them sort of a comic book look to them. I want to do illustrations, but I don't want them to look cartoony, I want them to look as if they were actual people. Not that anime look, but more like a look as if I didn't just make up this person, but it's as if I made this character from an actual person type of deal. I know it sounds confusing, but in my head it makes sense. I especially like drawing my friends or family members in sort of a illustration style. Hopefully I can get to the point where I have practiced so much on drawing the human body that I will be able to just create a person without having to use a reference.

Lee Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment