Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Iron Man 2 (No Spoilers!) - Paris Mairs (7)

In case you haven't yet seen Iron Man 2, I'll keep this post pretty vague. You may have noticed a brief shot of a poster in the movie that spoofed the famous blue and red print of Obama for Hope. I read here that the print was a spoof set up by the production designer and authorized by Mr. Shepard Fairey. Fairey goes on to state:
I did not personally design the image, nor was I paid for it. All of the Obama HOPE spoofs, positive or negative, are a reminder of the power and importance of grassroots activism to affect things. Additionally, neither is it possible to copyright a style, nor would I want to restrict visual dialog by discouraging others from paying tribute to styles I have used.
- Shepard

No comments:

Post a Comment