Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Robots?

This semester I have been having issues coming up with good blog ideas. I think I used most of them up last semester, and I am trying to keep from repeating them. The new robot exhibit in the Ulrich is an interesting one. I love the idea behind it, but there were few pieces that I actually enjoyed. I absolutely love the gigantic styrofoam robot, and I enjoyed the Bjork video (I think that is what it was). The video gave the exhibit a nice atmosphere. I felt like I was in a sterile, cold factory, or something along those lines. I also liked the painting that had the robot painting a steak of butterflies. I cannot remember the title, but it was the landscape with what seemed like robots taking over the natural world. I love the idea of robots becoming "nature", but the images of robots by themselves I didn't much care for.
Over all, it was an interesting exhibit.

Emily Ritter.

1 comment:

  1. i believe you're speaking of jeff soto's piece, it's one of my favorite in the show.
    http://www.jeffsoto.com/
    megan st.clair

    ReplyDelete