Friday, September 25, 2009

Final Friday

This Final Friday was impressive, considering the last few, despite the rain. I enjoy Final Fridays the most in the Fall because they seem to have more energy and more interesting art.
With water filled shoes I dragged myself to Commerce street. The Fiber Studio (which I am usually disappointed with) was probably one of my favorite galleries this month. I loved how the pottery contained thread, beads, and fabric. I have never seen pottery done in that manner. The concept of the show had to do with the fruit of life (I think, I was kind of rushed through it). At another gallery on Commerce (I forget the name) there was a piece titled "Object of Deception #6" by Aaron England that I absolutely fell in love with. It was an abstracted body with a face that pulls you in. At City Arts there were paintings of Abe Lincoln by Dustin Parker that were wonderful as well. They were done in a darker style which I enjoyed. Finally, at Shift Space I fell in love with Emily Glass. She had two charcoal pieces and a sculpture that I LOVED.

Emily Ritter

2 comments:

  1. There were some pottery/ ceramic pieces in City Arts that had ribbon with and without bead woven threw it that I thoroughly enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -Bree
    (I always forget to put my name on these things)

    ReplyDelete