Sunday, September 6, 2009

Looking toward the future

During the last Final Friday showcasing at the WSU Shiftspace, there were a couple of prints that I couldn't get my head around. The prints that I saw had a watercolor-like composition, and I found out from Monika later that they were monotype prints and that we'll be working with it in the future. When I started looking up different monotype prints (or monoprints), I was amazed by the versatility of this medium. It can have wash effect or more of a line effect, depending on the process that you use. Granted, I figure that we won't be altering or adding on different mediums to our monoprints like Degas, Gauguin, or Maurice Prendregast, but I'm excited of the possibilities with monotype printmaking. I need to refocus on my brushwork before then...

Reed

(PS-Here's a simple website that shows different styles of monoprints: http://www.monoprints.com/gallery/index.htm)

No comments:

Post a Comment