Friday, September 4, 2009

My Stuff. Large Scale. What do you think?




For those of you not in my class for Critique these are my 1st prints. Superstitions.
"Don't Step On Whitney's 'Crack', Or You'll Have to pay Bobby Back"

"OMG! I Just Rainbow Rolled My Mother""Sorry, Mom"
If you didn't get it. "Don't step on a crack, or you'll break your mothers back."

Moving on to the Blog....

http://www.printeresting.org/tag/monumental-printmaking/

I found this website while looking for large scale prints. I have this strange fascination with large scale art whether it be sculpture, drawing, painting, and now printmaking. I don't know what it is. I just like all the time and effort it takes to put as much detail in a large medium compared to a small one. Looking at art that is 11"x14" is good and all but the sheer impact of big work is breath taking to me. I like working on this scale. Maybe not the size of a building or a classroom floor... yet, but larger than just a pointblank view. The joy of moving my whole body to make work is exciting to me. We are always told to take a step back to see our work, large or small. It is required with large pieces. I am hoping to do this soon with printmaking and see how the process would work. I know Monika will help me with this. But let me know what you all think. Do you like to work with larger or smaller scale pieces? Which would you rather view? 3 pieces on one wall or 1 piece on 3 walls?

Already with in this first project I am wanting to do more. I think that I could really marry the worlds of graphic design and printmaking. =)

Michael Davenport



No comments:

Post a Comment