Saturday, September 26, 2009

Ethcing Project/ Final Friday

So at first I didn't really have a good idea of where to go with the assignment of finding bad art and making it better, so I went and searched out "bad art" which lead me to the museum of bad art, found a horrible painting of a cow commiting suicide and went with it. I enjoyed it a bit more after playing with the softground and textures, and even more so with the aquatint. All in all I enjoyed the project.

I finally made it down to a final Friday (it's been forever) but I didn't get down there until after 9pm so I went into Shift Space first. I enjoyed seeing the work from the grad students at KSU, one piece in particular that I love was a sculpture I think it was called George Walking I don't remember the name of the artist but I really dug that sculpture. It was sort of this upside down head on a rightside up torso walking on all fours. Then we made it over to City Arts, there were some very interesting paintings of Lincoln that I enjoyed. We didn't make it any where else before they closed, which disappointed me. Maybe I'll actually make it down there earlier next month.

Bree S. Williams

1 comment:

  1. It was "Charles Walking" not George. It just occurred to me.
    -Bree

    ReplyDelete