Friday, November 6, 2009

Out of place

Lately I have been super into things that are disconnected and out of place. Things that seem random, unreal, or disgusting. I came across these pieces where the artist takes a photo with people in the frame, then takes one and turns them into a drawing. A black and white, minimal drawing. I love how these drawings break down the detail and confusion of life and our bodies into lines.
I lost the link while typing this.

I also found another website that I find interesting. www.subway-life.com
When we were in New York, I thought about doing just this. Drawing people I saw on the subways. It moved too quickly for me, and was too compact for me to bust out my big sketch book and start staring and sketching. On the plane, however, there were no boundaries. There was no challenge though, since I had about an hour and a half to draw the back of passengers heads.
Anyway, check it out!

Emily Ritter

1 comment:

  1. Subway drawings are super neat. I think you're my favorite bloggerer. :)
    -Kat

    ReplyDelete