Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I've missed a few blogs...so it's blogs on speed time.

#1: I spent pretty much to whole day today finishing up my prints and boy was that fun. Now I'm tired, your tired, we're all tired. To much printing in one day makes Jason a psycho. But overall I'm glad with the way things turned out, althought I'm sure I could spend another few days adding details and what not.

#2: I think we should make critic day food day. It's my belief people would be more talkative and open if they could all eat. Who doesn't like eating...I practically do it everyday. When was the last time you had a food day is class? Food days make the World go round!

#3: I recently came across a site: http://www.pgannon.com/pgannon_fortune.htm
that's pretty cool. This artist makes his art from paper...cut and torn, which he then attaches to wood for the background. He has some pretty amazing things going on and also has prints avaliable. I'd love to see some of his work in person...the interent can't really give this sort of art justice.

#4: My windshield got hit by a rock from a big stupid truck (yes that is the technical term) and now I have two tiny little bitty ittsy minney chipies. I'm not for sure how this has anything to do with printing except for the fact it may inspire the masses to create some awsome art revolving around anything and everything to do with windshild chips...and big trucks.

#5: Printing has been a bitter sweet experience, has it not? There are times I enjoy it and times I'd rather jump off a bridge. I think the most inspiring part is learning a new technique that I actaully care about (not the ones that are less than cool) and pushing it to see just how far I can go, while learning all the while. Then you have the processes that just don't make any logical sense to me, but I have to do anyway. But in the end I guess you have to experince the bad to know the good.

#6: You know something else I just realized we haven't done yet in this class? That's right, watch a movie! Everybody loves to watch movies during class, I say we have a movie day and bring snacks to partake in the joy. Make it a movie related to printing...there's got to be a few out there...and the way it's not only educational but fun too! I can see it now...

#7: Definition: Naive 

Use naive in a Sentence

–adjective
1.
having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous.
2.
having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics.
3.
having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique: valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings.
4.
not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal.

-Jason Rose-

No comments:

Post a Comment