Wednesday, January 27, 2010

C.A.V.E. GALLERY in Venice, CA.

Hello All, During Monika's Printmaking class last semester I came across an artist: Patrick Gannon. He created his works from paper and is able to achieve some visually fantasitc compositions. I'm thrilled to see an artist use a known medium in a different and excititng way, while still retaining their artistic value.

While I was studying his work I found out (too late) that he had a gallery showing at the C.A.V.E. Gallery in Venice, CA. But while I was on their site (http://www.cavegallery.net/) I also checked out their past exhibits and ran across a few other artist's work I found both interesting and compelling. One of these artists was Anthony Clarkson, whose site is titled: Grim WonderLand. A fitting name for the types of paintings he creates. All I can say about his work is WOW! You should check his site out for yourself, especially if you're interested in painting (http://www.anthonyclarksonart.com/). I also suggest browsing the C.A.V.E.'s past artists for yourself, your bound to find a few you can connect with and be inspired by.
Left: Anthony Clarkson
Right: Patrick Gannon
I'm looking forward to this Printmaking class and can't wait to see everyone's work. I hope that you found my post interesting and perhaps even found a new artist to follow/excite you.
__Later--Jason R.--__

No comments:

Post a Comment